The Greatest of These is Love

Well, this is gonna be a very serious post about love it is part one of my chastity post. So... This is a really, really hard topic to talk/write about. Because let's face it love is a mystery and I don't think anyone will ever be able to fully understand it. 

What is Love? 
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." -Corinthians 1 13

One day I asked myself the question what is love? And I have looked for answers everywhere since then. But what helped me the most was the verse above Corinthians 13.4-7. The next verse goes onto say that "love never fails". This verse helped me understand what love truly is. I know what love is because that is what God says it is. While I love my mom, I'm not loving her when I am talking back to her. While you might be in love yours significant other you might not always feel in love with them. 

The other thing that helped me understand love was when I  asked myself "How do you know you love someone?" And with some people, it is easier than others. Like with my mom: I know I love her. But how do I know that? I don't know how. I believe that is how someone feels when they are truly in love with their girlfriend/boyfriend. You just know they are the one. 

Please also remember that "God is Love". Because this is the shortest answer out there. And next time you are talking or interacting with someone you love (or someone you don't love) ask yourself am I loving them the way God has told us to love? So I ask you to just try to love others like you love God. Because whatever you do for the least of these, you are doing to him.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE