Gardening


Here Comes the Sun... I cannot wait for summer!! No school!! Everything is warm! And I don't know if it is just me but I think everything is just so much more bearable in the summer. So this will be a post about getting ready for summer!! Also who else doesn't love a good Beatles song? Sorry to all you real Beatles fan, I am not a real Beatles fan, cause this is like the only song I can actually name. Anyway along with sun flowers are gonna be coming, and if you give a girl a flower odds are she is gonna ask for a garden...  

I think we all have that vision that our gardens should look like those fancy tea gardens like this one for example: 




Oh and can we talk about greenhouses!! they are so cool I want one!! Please tell me you would not live in a greenhouse like the one below if you had one!






Anyway this post is all about gardening!!!

So the other day my friends and I went to D.C. to help these nuns weed their garden and I wasn't all that excited about it but my friends got me hyped and it turned out to be a lot of fun!Anytime before when I have weeded gardens for people I have absolutely hated it. But since I was with my friends and we just used tat time to talk it was really fun. We got to water plants in with these retro watering cans,so fun! We even named them! I don't remember mines name but let's assume that I do and it was named something pretty like Angela or Victoria and not something like Bethel or Edna. And then we go to weed, which actually turned out to be so fun! Because like someone put it was a lot more satisfying than planting, because you got immediate satisfaction. Plus I spent most of the time playing odds (eg. what are the odds you will eat that leaf? 1/10... then you count to three and if you say the same number the person has to do it... no matter what) 
with people. 

So I don't have the greenest thumb... or a green pinky or really any green fingers for that matter but I am trying to grow my own garden. Now everything my family touches pretty much dies. Once an unnamed family member was asked to house sit a plant and was told "You don't even have to do anything to it" yeah it died. 

But on the other hand my aunt and my brother successfully grew a small vegetable garden! So yay them! Well, I am trying to grow daisies and pea blossoms right now and shock of the century they are actually growing!! It is so cool to actually see that you grew something! Which is especially surprising since I forgot to water them for a day or two... or five. 


A couple months ago we had to read this book called the Hiding Place really sad all about this Christian woman, who hides Jewish people in her house. Really sad... Anyway after World War II ends she starts a home for refugees of the war (her late sister's dream). And I am not sure if it's her or her sister who says something like "There is no better therapy than having people grow things" Which is so trues because the people in the Hiding Place (a true story) our people who have gone through all sorts of terrible things and our suffering with PTSD, but growing things and giving life to plants helps them.

So what plants should you grow?

Here's a list of my flowers



  1. daisies: i love love love daisies they're so innocent and pure, plus remember that plant earlier that I somehow didn't kill... yep, it was a daisy plant.
  2. succulents and cactus:now I don't know too much about them but I have  friends who love them and say they are so easy/low-maintenance and won't die. Plus catus (all right I give up trying to spell it right) are the best and make you feel like your from somewhere cool or foreign
  3. wild flowers: if you grow wild flowers you can try to pretend that you just picked them from the field outside of your house.  
Well, I'm kinda done with this post so thanks everyone bye!!! Also look at the garden below I could literally live in it. So the moral of this post was weed a lot, grow pretty flowers, and don't let them die.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE