Tattoos




Sorry for not posting on Sunday like I normally do! I was tired yesterday and didn't feel like moving... Anyway, this is gonna be a post on tattoos!


Is it morally wrong to get a tattoo? No! Absolutely not. Well, some priests say (and I totally agree with them) that getting tattoos on your face is morally wrong. That being said in general tattoos are not bad or of the devil. While getting a tattoo is not wrong sometimes the what or where of the tattoo can make it wrong. For example, getting a curse word tattoed on you or getting a tattoo on your face.

I also have to say, regarding tattoos, that people I know who have tattoos say that you should think for a very long time before you get a tattoo. I know I went through a phase (hem, hem like two weeks ago) when I totally wanted to get a tattoo, once I was older, but then I started thinking "wow it's permanent! Like no going back permanent". And I am the kind of person who is always changing what I like and what I am interested in. So, knowing me I would get a tattoo then regret it the next day and wish I had gotten a different one. And yes you can get it removed by lasering. But lasering is very expensive and extremely painful. I know people who want their tattoos removed but can't afford it. How sad is that?

Now for an important tattoo question: when should you get a tattoo? Well, the problem with getting a tattoo before you are 21 (or even 25) is that your brain is still changing and developing so much that a tattoo you get at 21 might not be a tattoo you will still want at 25 (when your brain finally stops developing and you get all of your rights). Although the longer you think about the tattoo you want the more likely it is that you won't regret it in 30 years. This brings up an important question you should consider before getting a tattoo: Will you want this tattoo in 30 years? I know I have always thought about getting a Harry Potter tattoo, but I am not 110% sure that I will want that in 30 years. And until I am 110% sure that I will still want my tattoo in 30 years then I am not going to get one. Also, you need to consider would you want your kids, grandkids, or nieces/nephews to get a tattoo? If the answer is no then you might have the answer to whether or not you should get a tattoo.

The other problem with tattoos is that your brain doesn't fully stop changing until you are 25 and for a lot of people that age means marriage is coming or has already come. And with marriage usually comes kids. And it's gonna be hard to tell your kid not to get a tattoo when you have one, even if you do regret getting it.

Honestly, I would love if in like 40 years I had the tattoo I got when I was 25 and didn't regret it. But I feel like I would probably end up regretting it in the future. Probably the safest bet for me would be to get a Jesus tattoo, which I would probably regret the least. If you could get a tattoo that lasted for a year I would totally do it, because that's the best way to decide whether or not you want a tattoo. You could either wear your possible tattoo on a shirt underneath your other shirt or the one I prefer to draw it on you in sharpie for a year. Apparently, you can also use hairspray to help keep it on for longer.

So if you want a tattoo please think long and hard about getting it before you do get it. Also, please don't get a tattoo you wouldn't want your mom to see, because no matter how hard you try to hide it from her she will find out someday because moms are all knowing.

Alright hoped you enjoyed my thoughts on tattoos! Bye and have a good week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE