Capsule Wardrobe for Summer


To buy or not to buy? That is the question. What clothes in your closet do you need? I will tell you. This is my post on building and maintaining your stylish wardrobe. Now it will be for a summer wardrobe only, but when fall comes I will try to remember to post a fall wardrobe one. 

So first I am gonna list summer articles of clothing and accessories then we will discuss how many of each you need. 



  1. Shorts
  2. Shirts
  3. Pants
  4. Dresses
  5. Skirts
  6. Bathing Suits
  7. Cardigans 
  8. Hats
  9. Sunglasses
  10. Romper 
  11. Sweatshirts/Jackets

How many of each do you need? Well the first thing you wanna ask yourself is where do you go when you leave the house? Do you go to the pool, school, work, church, parties, or other activities?  If you go to work do you have a uniform? How old are you? So for me, I don't need that many clothes, because I can wear most of my clothes in my closet everywhere I go. So for my purposes I only need the following:
  1. Shorts 4-5
  2. Shirts 5-10
  3. Pants 2-3
  4. Dresses 4-7
  5. Skirts 0-3
  6. Bathing Suits 3
  7. Cardigans 0-2
  8. Hats 0-4
  9. Sunglasses 1-3
  10. Romper 0-3
  11. Sweatshirts/Jackets 1-4
This is about you not me so I hope that helped you get an idea...
Now I am gonna help you get a good idea of what a well-balanced closet looks like. Unfortunately, we all lead very different lives so I can't tell you exactly what you need, but if you have/want/need the same number of clothes as me this will probably help you a lot more than if you have/want/need more or less than me. I am gonna list what type of clothes everyone should own.

Shorts:


  1. Jean shorts
  2. White/Black shorts or jean shorts
  3. Colored Shorts - Pick a color any color
  4. Running Shorts
  5. Extras-patterned shorts, flowy shorts








Shirts:


  1. business casual blouses -for fancy parties
  2. casual blouse- can be worn most places 
  3. tees -literally for just for hanging out, very casual 
  4. tank tops -I don't wear these too much but they can be good for summer
  5. Sport tank tops








Pants
  1. Jeans -nice but very hot in summer
  2. colored/flowy pants -these are good for events where jeans are too casual 
Dresses
  1. long dress- not my fav but it's nice to have one
  2. short dress
  3. sundress
  4. tight(ish) dress
  5. casual dress
  6. fancy dress -(eg. homecoming, weddings, etc.)








Skirts

  1. jean skirt
  2. stereotypical skirt








Bathing Suits 
  1. One-piece
  2. Beach suit -one that you don't care about too much
  3. Two-piece 
Cardigan
  1. basic color
Hats 
  1. Sun Hat
  2. Baseball Cap









Sunglasses
  1. black or another basic color
  2. patterned 
Romper 
  1. Basic Color 
  2. Floral









Sweatshirts/Jackets 
  1. comfy one
  2. cute one
  3. light jacket
  4. hoodie sweatshirt
  5. pullover 

Cleaning Out Tips:



You can also sign up to get this free "book" (it's very short) here called Wardrobe Rehab. 

Now that you know what you need, you need to get rid of clothes. So in the Wardrobe Rehab book, the author says if you have not worn it in the last year than you should probably get rid of it. Also, if it doesn't match with a couple different outfits. So you can give your clothes away, sell them, keep them, or if they're beyond repair just throw them away. I'm not gonna go into too much detail because of the Wardrobe Rehab book which will help you with everything. 

After that, you need to get new clothes (only if you need them). Am I the only one who HATES buying clothes and then never wearing them!! It makes me so mad. So tips for effective shopping

  1. Ask another person what they think
  2. If you don't love it in the store you're not gonna like it at home
  3. Do you love it despite its price?
  4. Make sure you can return it
  5. Make sure it fits your style
  6. Does it match with four outfits?
  7. Does it make you feel good about yourself?
So #5 was making sure it fits your style. This is really important because say you are really big on lace and frills, but you see this hipster leather jacket. Then you wear it once and never again. This shows why you need to wear clothes that are you! 

Now #7 is the most important in my opinion because have you ever had a dress, shorts, or shirt that just made you feel so pretty? Honestly, if you don't remember anything from this post just remember to never settle and wear clothes that make you feel pretty and happy!




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE