"The Wisdom Pill" -Eucharist & Why it's the Best





So most of the credit for this post is gonna have to go to my mom. I love you, mom! So my mom inspired this post by her post on her blog because she had a post called "Why go to daily mass?". So every since I have been alive my mom has gone to daily mass every single day of the week! Crazy right?! I'm convinced she is addicted to the Eucharist, which I am realizing she probably is in a good way. I think we should all be "addicted" to Jesus's body. Anyway, when my mom had her reversion when she was sixteen, she started going to daily mass and that I honestly think is why she is so holy. The way my mom put it was like this "Going to daily mass and receiving the body of Christ is like getting a free wisdom pill every day." Which really is so true... Right now in my life, I am constantly trying to discover what God wants me to do, but instead of telling me right away (because I think we all know that would not end well) God is sending me on a spiritual journey and adventure. So what better tool for my spiritual adventure than Jesus. The other thing about mass is that every-time we go to mass we are LITERALLY witnessing a miracle!!! I literally freak out every once and a while when I remember this. I also freak out when I remember that heaven comes down to earth every-time the words of consecration are said in mass.


And if that's not cool enough I just realized the other day that hey the Eucharist is a literal 1st class relic! So I was telling my friend the other day how We (my family) has a piece of the cross and she was super excited. And I thought about it and realized yeah it is pretty awesome but when you think about it getting the Eucharist is actually a lot cooler! Because that's not just something that touched Jesus but is literally Jesus!! Also we not only get to touch it - actually when you think about it we don't usually get to touch relics, because they are in fancy cases (which are apparently called reliquaries, or so my mom says) so small children don't accidentally eat St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's bone - but Jesus, we get to eat and he stays with us in our heart. That is why someone who has a mortal sin on their body is not supposed to receive communion, because their soul is not ready to have him. And I actually think it was St. Faustina, who said that Jesus told her that it hurts him so much when someone in mortal sin eats him... okay that came out weird. But I can't think of a better word that isn't received, which I have already used about 3 million times.  So now that I have gone very off topic the moral is the Eucharist is awesome!!


Also shouldn't we take the advice of those who have achieved what we all desire the most (hopefully)? (the thing we desire is the heaven & the people are the saints). So now I will present you with quotes from saints: Yay!! okay so the first one is actually from a blessed, Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati (aka. Frassati the hottie) and he said: "I urge you with all the strength of my soul to approach the Eucharist Table as often as possible." So that comes from the very holy and very good-looking Giorgio Frassati. Now we have some from JPII "The Eucharist is the heart of the Church. Where Eucharistic life flourishes, there the life of the church will blossom." 



Now I don't wanna be that person who includes like a hundred quotes so here's one more and if you wanna look at more JPII quotes, on the Eucharist, you can find them here.  



So here is the last one: Only through the Eucharist is it possible to live the heroic virtues of Christianity: charity, to the point of forgiving one's enemies; love for those who make us suffer; chastity in every age and situation of life; patience in suffering and when one is shocked by the silence of God in the tragedies of history or of one's own personal existence. You must always be Eucharistic souls in order to be authentic Christians -JPII 



I know it's long and to be honest when I first looked at it I only read the first line, actually, I need to go back and read the whole thing because I haven't yet. So if you are in a hurry you can just read the first or last line, which I put in bold for you. 



Anyway, thanks for reading!! And I have included the quote I shared earlier of Giorgio Frassati, so you can see what he looks like just in case you have not the pleasure of seeing a picture of him before.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE