Steubenville 2018 -Revealed



Hi everyone! First off, Please comment below and share! So if you're wondering why I have not been blogging for so long because I was away at one of the best retreats ever! I visited Steubenville, which was so awesome! I love retreats and Steubenville is one of the best Catholic retreats out there! Anyways here is the short story of my spiritual experience at Steubenville:

What Happened at Steubenville:


I realized this: 
God gave me an amazing gift this weekend! I learned from a friend this wonderful insight that helped me so much! The insight was that the reason you might not be feeling something amazing or even being overwhelmed by the feeling of the presence of God might be because since you already believe he is not having you feel for that reason. This helped me a lot since recently I have been feeling really disappointed about how I felt and my reaction to the miracle of the Eucharist. It wasn't that I doubted that it was truly Jesus in there it was just that I felt like I should be having a bigger reaction and that I should be feeling the presence of Jesus more. But I never doubted that it wasn't Jesus. When I got back I went to daily mass Monday morning and it felt different... I still spaced out and didn't pay attention as well as I could have but it felt different. Maybe because I went voluntarily instead of being forced by my mom... Whatever it was mass felt enjoyable and I was happy to be there. It was awesome because I have really been struggling with my emotions about mass. I knew it was supposed to help me but I didn't always feel helped. It helped me so much in growing in my faith! So thank you, Jesus, so much! 


The Holy Spirit Told Me This:
Before Steubenville this weekend, I never really was a big fan of Christian music. I usually made fun of it mainly because my mom listened to it and it wasn't in my mind cool. And I still don't consider it to be cool. But I have a newfound respect for it and this is why: all throughout the weekend I would listen to the music and the Holy Spirit would inspire me with a new way to view and think about the lyrics. And it brought me so much closer to God!

My Favorite Spiritual Part: 
I was listening to all the songs during the weekend and a couple really spoke to me when they mentioned: "coming home to Jesus". It made me so excited to go to heaven! That along with the fact that I have three siblings/saints waiting for me is helping me so much to continue on the narrow path to Heaven! One speaker also talked about the amazing picture of Jesus drawn by a seven-year-old girl who had visions of heaven and Jesus. This has to be one of my very, very favorite images of Jesus and that is how I picture him. I know some people think of him as an old man, a young child, a baby, or even in nature. But this will always be how I see him. Anyway, I also was thinking about the movie St. Paul the Apostle, because of the scene when St. Paul goes to heaven. The way it happens is St. Paul sees Jesus and runs up to hug him. And that is how I picture myself going to Heaven: running up into my father's arms, hugging him, and going home with him forever! This image works really well for me because my love language is touch and I love hugging people. So that motivates me to get to heaven! So every time you are tempted to sin imagine how wonderful it would be to hug your father and stay with him forever!
The Painting of Jesus drawn by the seven-year-old girl.

That's all guys sorry it's so short but that's pretty much all of what happened there! Thanks for reading! Bye!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE