Swing Dancing




If you have never been swing dancing you are totally missing out! It is so fun!!!! It is one of my favorite things to do! My friends and I always look forward to them. I have been to three so far and have loved all of them! Also above all else swing dancing is so romantically pleasing! I know what you are thinking "Well that's weird, plus I don't even like any of these guys!" well no matter who you dance with you are gonna feel like a literal princess from a fairy tale, believe me! And even if you don't like your partner it's okay, because as long as they can dip and twirl you out then you will feel as romantically fulfilled as possible!


The dancing itself is so fun and fast paced! It's also not awkward! What a blessing... Being in HS itself is already so awkward... Even if you don't have anything to talk about it you can always talk about the moves: "Let's to the pretzel! What move do you wanna do?"  These are all good choices for making conversation and keeping it unawkward (don't think that's a word....) also excuses for getting out of a dance are "Whoo I am HOT!" or "Look what they are doing let's watch them (hopefully he will eventually walk away" and if all else fails "I really need water! It's not necessarily that you want to get out of a dance because you don't like your partner... but sometimes he wants an excuse to end it too because it's not really one dance and we are done kinda thing.

There is nothing better than getting asked to dance by a mysterious stranger... You feel like you're in a movie! Especially when you dip or twirl!! Okay and my all-time favorite thing ever to do in swing dancing is "the lift"!! I have never felt as graceful or as beautiful as I did then
when I did the lift... It was SO SO AMAZING!!! Because you fly up in the air and you see everybody else watching you and you come down and twirl around, plus if he's strong enough to lift you than he is gonna be one muscular guy, which makes him better at doing things like dips. 

Okay, but the other best thing to happen when you are swing dancing is when you are dancing with a guy, who is preferably good, and everyone stops to watch you and claps because you are so good!!! Best thing ever!

So now that I have told you how amazing swing dancing the question is why don't we swing dance more!! Back in the day, they used to have dancing halls!!! What a cool idea... Wait, wait just a minute why aren't these a thing anymore??
I wish we had swing dances every single week, that's how much I love them!!

Also looking like the people in those retro musicals is actually an attainable goal! 



So I hope everyone now wants to swing dance...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE