14 Things to do when You're Bored to Death

I don't know if it's just me but I can get SO bored in the summer. This post is gonna be more for myself than my readers because I need to stay productive this summer! If you have more ideas on how to stay productive this summer please comment below! Here we go:


1. Write/Draw Something -Doing something creative can be so fulfilling sometimes. Even if you cannot draw very well like me you can still write a story, poem, or even a song. Another option is to start a blog like I did. The best part of starting a blog is that you write whenever/whatever you want, it's outside or school, it is not required, and you don't have a due date hanging over your head. You can also write an email (or actual letter) to someone you haven't seen in a while. 


2. Read a book  -Reading is one of the greatest pleasures in life that we don't have time to do during the school year. See my summer reading list post if you run out of books to read! 
BOOKS


3. Bake something... and then eat it! -When you are bored and hungry this is the perfect solution. When I am bored I will just make something delicious and it takes a decent amount of time and I love eating so it is a win-win. I think I will do a post about my favorite desserts/meals soon. 


4. Get a Job -Once you have a job you have a set thing to do at a set time you can prevent being bored at the times you are working. The other benefit of getting a job is the money $$. The money along with the fact that your job is fun (hopefully) you are set for a fun summer. That brings up the other discussion of getting a fun/fulfilling job. Even babysitting can be a great option for a non-commitment job. You can also try to get a job with your friends or even acquaintances so you know your co-workers. 

5. Treat Yo Self -First of all, sorry that title was really cringy. Anyway, treating your self is awesome because you get to do stuff that makes you feel good, happy, and pretty. Ideas within this idea are: paint your nails, take a bath/shower, do a face mask, wash your hair, shave, light a candle, listen to classical music, watch a movie/tv show, read a book,  or take a nap.



6. Work Out -I know I am sorry I had to include this one. Trust me I understand that when you are bored the last thing you want to do is to go workout, but it can feel so good afterward. Plus you can get fit.... so really you would be killing two birds with one stone so...


7. Plant/Weed a Flower Garden- For more inspiration on this suggestion see my post on gardening here. Planting things is very therapeutic for people because you are giving something else life and caring and nurturing it. Gardening is definitely a great hobby choice. 

8. Do Summer Homework -I am sorry for putting this one up especially since when I am bored I never feel like doing school but it is nice to get it out of the way... I guess. 

9. Nap -It's as simple as that.
look at this bed it's calling you
10. Start a Blog -Why not? It's a great hobby and that's what I am doing right now to keep from being bored so just do it! To start a free blog just go to blogger and sign up!

11. Learn a Language... or at least start -Duolingo is an awesome tool for this and is highly recommended. 



12. Listen to Music -Explore new styles of music that you don't normally listen too. Or relisten to your favorite playlists that bring back happy memories.


13. Sit in Silence & Rest/Relax -You don't always have to be busy and running around. You can just sit and enjoy the silence or close your eyes for a little bit. This gives you valuable time you may not have at other points in your life can help you with making decisions. You can just dwell on decisions you need to make, memories, and just relllaaaxxx. 

14. Learn a New Hairstyle -This is one of my favorite ways to keep busy. There are so many things to learn out there anyways so why not do it when you're bored. You could learn how to do french braids, Dutch braids, cornrows, crown braids, milkmaid braids, latter, lace, waterfall, or fishtail! For inspo look here, here, or here. You could also dye/highlight your hair a natural or unnatural color! 
see ya, everybody!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles

Is Harry Potter against the Catholic Church?

Blog DOMAIN CHANGE + NAME CHANGE